Top Virtual Crypto Events in January 2021
2021 started with a big bang, with Bitcoin breaking past the $33,000 mark on January 2nd and the market cap of all cryptocurrencies exceeding $850 billion for the first time ever. Combined with growing institutional and retail adoption and hopes for a swift return to normality, this lays a perfect ground for a truly exciting year.
Unfortunately, physical conferences and summits are admittedly a somewhat distant prospect, but online events, even if experiences might be different, are still there, often delivering the same value as offline ones.
Here are the top virtual events in blockchain and crypto space for the month of January 2021.
Happy 12th Birthday Bitcoin – Let’s Celebrate with Crypto Friends!
January 3, 2021
On January 3, 2009, the pseudonymous developer(s) Satoshi Nakamoto bootstrapped the Bitcoin network by mining its first ever block, block 0. The Genesis Block, as it has become known, came etched with a message that would invariably position Bitcoin as an alternative monetary system to rival the realm of central banking: “Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks,” the memo read, in reference to a headline about the U.K. government’s actions during the global recession of 2008 and 2009.
On Bitcoin’s 12th birthday, Tone Vays, a well-known content creator, trader and consultant, is hosting an all-day live stream with guests including Jimmy Song, Giacomo Zucco, Max Keiser, Leah Wald, Ugly Old Goat and many more.
Proof of Keys Day – Learn Bitcoin Best Practices
January 3, 2021
January 3rd is also known as Proof of Keys Day. It is a day we remind ourselves and the new Bitcoiners among us about the virtues and sovereignty granted by holding your own Bitcoin keys.
Hosted by Bitcoin Magazine, this 4-hour live stream combines interviews with experts and guides through the mental models and practical required for you to store your Bitcoin safely and in a trust minimized way.
January 5-7, 2021
Hosted by Casa, the leading provider of Bitcoin self custody solutions, #KeyFest2021 is a free virtual festival celebrating the past, present, and future of cryptographic keys. Join the brightest minds in Bitcoin for conversations and workshops as we unlock a future where everyone owns their wealth, identity, and data.
KeyFest 2021 helps you understand the crucial role private key technology plays in Bitcoin today and our entire digital footprint in the future.
- Jameson Lopp, CTO, Casa
- Amiti Uttarwar, Bitcoin Core Developer
- Adam Back, Co-Founder & CEO, Blockstream
- Nick Neuman. CEO, Casa
- Caitlin Long, Founder & CEO, Avanti Financial
- Alex Gladstein, CSO, Human Rights Foundation
- Meltem Demirors, CSO, CoinShares
- Balaji Srinivasan, Angel Investor & Entrepreneur
January 20, 2021
CfC St. Moritz is the circle of digital asset and blockchain leaders, where lasting contacts are made and real business deals are concluded.
The CfC St. Moritz attracts over 200 carefully selected international investors, family offices, funds and decision makers in the most private and unique setting in the heart of the Swiss Alps.
The 3 main objectives of the CfC St. Moritz conference are:
- Personal knowledge transfer from industry expert(s) to CfC St. Moritz investors
- Opportunity to connect to a unique network
- Enjoy the time in Engadin and the company with other participants
Unfortunately, the current COVID-19 situation is not allowing for a physical conference and thus the hosts are not able to attain goal no. 3. Nevertheless, they will be hosting the CfC St. Moritz Virtual Day, a one-day virtual format covering the most recent and relevant topics of the industry to achieve goals no. 1 and 2.
This allows CfC St. Moritz investors’ network and the industry experts to receive and exchange the most relevant information and stay connected with each other in these challenging times. There will be a public and private part of the CfC St. Moritz Virtual Day. To be able to join the private part, you will have to apply for a payable virtual seat.
- Anthony Pompliano, Co-founder & Partner, Morgan Creek Digital Assets
- Hester Pierce, Commissioner, US SEC
- Eva Kaili, Member of the European Parliament
- Meltem Demirors, CSO, CoinShares
- Pascal Gauthier, CEO, Ledger
Michael Sonnenshein, Managing Director, Grayscale Investments
- Sterling Witzke, Partner, Winklevoss Capital
- Avichal Garg, Co-Founder & Managing Director. Electric Capital
- Mike Cagney, CEO, Figure
- Philippe Bekhazi, Founder & CEO, XBTO
- Mathias Imbach, Founding Partner & CEO, Sygnum
- Dr. Stephan A. Zwahlen, CEO, Maerki Baumann & Co
- Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Head of Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
- David Wachsman, CEO, Wachsman
January 27, 2021
Hosted by Cindicator Capital, the first crypto hedge fund powered by ‘Hybrid Intelligence’, Singapore Crypto Trading Summit 2021 will gather crypto traders from Singapore and across South East Asia to discuss the evolving cryptocurrency trading landscape.
- The Market in 2021 – Perspectives from VCs and Hedge Funds
- 2021 Predictions from 156,000 Analysts and AI
- Institutional Players in Crypto
- Joanna Ossinger, Markets Editor at Bloomberg LP
- William Bao Bean, General Partner at SOSV; Managing Director at Chinaccelerator; Managing Director at MOX
- Christina Qi, Domeyard Fund, CEO at Databento
- Benjamin Tsai, Entrepreneur and Financier in Startup and Real Estate
- Lawrence Cao, Co-Founder, Altonomy
- Bartt Kellermann, Founder and Host of Battle of CRYPTOS and Battle of the Quants
- Constantin Kogan, Partner at BitBull Capital
- Yuriy Lobyntsev, Co-founder of Cindicator
There seems to be uncertainty surrounding The North American Bitcoin Conference (TNABC). The event was initially announced for January 28-29, 2021, and supposed to be held virtually, however, the last minute check now shows it will take place in 2022 with no official confirmation as of yet. We’ll keep you updated on this one.