Top Five Bitcoin & Blockchain Conferences To Visit In December 2019
As 2019 is drawing to a close, December offers an number of exciting crypto events around the globe. It’s never an easy task, but here are the Top 5 conferences to attend this month.
December 1, 2019 – by CryptoEvents
TechFin Asia 2019 – December 5-6, 2019, Seoul
Taking place in the capital of South Korea, TechFin Asia 2019 is a global premier event for entrepreneurs, developers, investors and policymakers to discuss the future of blockchain and fintech innovations.
Going under the motto “Accelerating Digital Transformation”, Techfin Asia 2019 delivers a stellar conference program with 2,000+ attendees, 40+ world-class speakers, 500+ attending companies.
In addition to the conference, Techfin Asia 2019 features a large scale exhibition hall with top-tier sponsors and exhibitors.
Among the speakers are Rohan Handa (New Ventures, BBVA), Jimmy Song (Blockchain Capital), Muneeb Ali (CEO and Co-founder, Blockstack), SeYoul Park (Blockchain Technical Lead, IBM), Bobby Lee (Founder and CEO, Ballet Wallet), Charles Pyo (CEO and Founder, Chain Partners).
Serbian Blockchain Summit 2019 – December 7, Belgrade
Rebranded from Cryptokonf , Serbian Blockchain Summit is the largest blockchain for business conference in Serbia. Located in the middle of the Balkan peninsula, the country is accessible from all parts of the world, as Belgrade has direct flights to most of the world’s capitals.
Serbian Blockchain Summit is major event where blockchain developers, experts, leaders and enthusiasts meet to share latest developments, news, as well as promote their accomplishments in front of very diverse audience.
Notable speakers include:
- Nemanja Jovanović, Attorney at Law
- Szabolcs Hargittay, Chief Legal Officer, Everprove
- Vuk Kosovac, Head of Retail, Societe Generale Bank RS
- Stefania Barbaglio, CEO, Cassiopeia Services
- Aleksandar Matanović, CEO, Electronic Currency District
- Daniel Dabek, CEO, Balkaneum
- Jonathan Galea, Managing Directory, Blockchain Advisory
- Fabien Aufrechter, Head of Blockchain Dept., Havas Group
- Vit Jedlička, President of Free Republic of Liberland
Aside from the main conference area where the most speeches and panel discussions will take place, the event also features Blockchain Legal Workshop – a specialized full-day workshop for legal professionals, and Blockchain Developer Workshop – Progammer’s delight in form of hands-on workshops where they can learn on how to work on several different blockchain platforms, from some basic steps to more advanced programming.
ELEV8CON – December 8-11, Las Vegas
The third annual ELEV8CON will convene leaders of blockchain technology, enterprise IT, digital assets, regulators, investors, and technologists. With a plethora of networking events, this year’s conference will be held at The INDUSTRIAL Event space in Las Vegas, Nevada and promises numerous opportunities to meet and interact with hundreds of experts and thought leaders in the blockchain space.
The conference is suitable for those who are making investment and strategy decisions, exploring how these technologies are relevant for their company, providers of blockchain tech, understanding the regulatory landscape, and building and executing projects within their organisation.
- Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director at Hyperledger
- Jason Kelley, General Manager, Blockchain Services at IBM
- Alex Mashinsky, Founder and CEO at Celsius Network
- Nabil Malouli, VP Global Ecommerce at DHL
- Tony Costa, SVP & CIO at Bumble Bee Foods
- Jason James, CIO at Net Health
- Joel Beasley, CEO and CTO at Leaderbits.io & The Modern CTO Podcast
- Scott Lundstrom, Group Vice President and General Manager of IDC Government and Health Insights, IDC
- Dr. Merav Ozair, NYU Professor; Founder and CEO at Digital Novelty
- Phil Kelly, Executive Director, Business Development at ConsenSys
To address the shift away from the ICO craze of 2017-18, ELEV8CON is introducing the ELEV8 Startup Showcase, which will feature 8 organizations pitching to a live panel of judges. Each organization will be given 3 minutes to take the stage and pitch their product or service to the panel of judges, after which, the panel of judges and audience will ask one question each. The program will be grounded in more traditional venture funding models to identify promising companies with innovative business models and outstanding management teams.
Also new this year at ELEV8CON is artificial intelligence powered matchmaking, facilitated through the ELEV8 conference app. Not only does the app provide attendees with event information and updates, but the ELEV8 conference app uses advanced algorithms, contextual vectors and natural language processing to help conference attendees identify and create important partnerships and relationships, maximizing their experience at the event.
Blockland Solutions Conference – December 9-11, Cleveland
Blockland Solutions cuts through the hype with real conversations about two of today’s hottest tech topics: blockchain and cybersecurity.
The 3-day conference in Cleveland offers an opportunity to hear from early adopters, technical experts, government representatives, economic wizards and more.
Some notable speakers include:
- Thomas Kurian, CEO at Google Cloud
- Commissioner Hester M. Peirce, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Don Tapscott, Co-founder & Executive Chairman at Blockchain Research Institute
- Nick Szabo, CEO at Global Financial Access, Inc.; Inventor of Smart Contracts
- Perianne Boring, Founder and President at Chamber of Digital Commerce
- Anthony Pompliano, Founder & Partner, Morgan Creek Digital Assets
- Paul Puey, CEO & Co-Founder, Edge
- Simon Mulcahy, Executive VP and Chief Innovation Officer at Salesforce.
The event is targeting government leaders, developers, educators, and students who can better understand how to thrive in a new technology era. Additionally, blockchain start-ups will take part in the Pitch Competition with a chance of winning up to $20,000!
LaBitConf 2019 – December 12-13, Montevideo
Latin American Bitcoin Conference (LABITCONF) It is the most anticipated annual meeting for all players in the region that, being non-profit, ensures a curator of non-commercial content. Also, thanks to its trajectory and prestige, it allows the organizers to invite the most relevant speakers from the ecosystem to transmit the keys of this revolution and show the roadmap of the next developments that will change the industry.
This year’s event will be held in Montevideo, Uruguay, and is aimed at entrepreneurs, representatives of public and private organizations, members of the Blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem; and people interested in knowing more about this technology.
The previous editions took place in Argentina (2013 and 2016), Brazil (2014), Mexico (2015), Colombia (2017) and Chile (2018). Each of the conferences demonstrates the exponential growth of the ecosystem and the interest of the international community for Blockchain development in Latin America.
- Dr Adam Back, CEO, Blockstream
- David Chaum, Elixxir
- Max Keiser, Keiser Report
- Stacy Herbert, Partner at Heisenberg Capital
- Jimmy Song, Bitcoin Educator
- John Newberry, Chaincode Labs
- Tone Vays, Crypt Consultant
- Hartej Sawhney, Hosho
- Peter McCormack, Host of WhatBitcoinDi
- Sergio Demián Lerner, Chief Scientist, RSK
- Diego Gutierrez-Zaldivar, Founder RSK
- Aaron Koenig, Bitfilm
- Eddy Travia, CEO and Co-founder of Coinsilium
- Joshua Scigala, CEO Vaultoro
- Rodolfo Andragnes, ONG Bitcoin Argentina
- Paul Puey, CEO & Co-founder at Edge
As an official media partner of LaBitConf 2019, CryptoEvents are giving a 30% discount on regular tickets – to take advantage of this offer use code CRE-30.
Special thank you goes to our partners at Hodl Hodl,
leading P2P Bitcoin Exchange that doesn’t hold funds!