The Babylon Project | October 9-11, 2020
The Babylon Project is a 3-day virtual Blockchain & Data Science Hackathon with thousands of global participants & sponsors. The winning team gets a $100,000 investment and a 12 weeks acceleration program which includes technical, business, and media support.
This hackathon will focus on real life application of Blockchain & Data Science technologies in different industries. Participants are equally encouraged to generate, validate, and build ideas and continue working on respective projects even after the hackathon.
The Babylon Project is a movement to grow Blockchain developer ecosystems worldwide. Developers will build Blockchain skills and develop decentralized applications. Potential focus areas include, but are not limited to, DeFi, Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs), Decentralized Exchanges (DEXs), lending protocols, insurance, synthetic assets & smart contracts in any industry.
The Data Science track will focus on the Data Driven Economy. Participants will gain extra points by applying data science concepts in decentralized applications.
Judges, Mentors & Speakers include:
- Gideon Nweze, Co-Founder at Village, Founder of World Blockchain Hackathon
- Emily Slade, Co-Founder & COO at Valence
- Stani Kulechov, Founder & CEO at Aave
- Krystal Gracier, Investment Banking Associate – Global Technology at Citi
- Katie San Fillippo, CEO at ChickTech
- Dr Chong Li, Venture Partner at Aves Lair
- Genevieve Leveille, Founder & CEO at AgriLedger
- Eyal Hertzog, Co-Founder at Bancor
- Chris Hutchinson, Head of Global Community at Web3 Foundation
- Bruce Pon, Founder of Ocean Protocol