Stacks 2.0 Mainnet Launch Event – January 14, 2021
The Stacks ecosystem is approaching an incredible milestone: The Stacks 2.0 mainnet launch.
Stacks 2.0 brings secure apps and smart contracts to Bitcoin, unlocking a new wave of innovation upon the world’s most robust, most valuable blockchain.
The launch will be just the beginning of an exciting new era for the Stacks community and crypto broadly, as developers leverage Stacks to build a user-owned internet on Bitcoin.
To celebrate this milestone, the Stacks ecosystem entities are hosting a global launch event. We’ll have app launches, musical performances, surprise announcements, limited edition swag, guest speakers from partners like OKCoin, Staked, Blockchain.com, and many more.
What is Stacks 2.0?
Stacks 2.0 blockchain is a layer-1 blockchain that uses the Bitcoin blockchain as a secure base-layer. It brings apps and smart contracts to Bitcoin unlocking innovation, new value, and a new way to earn BTC.
- Muneeb Ali, Co-founder, Stacks; CEO, Hiro PBC
- Anthony Pompliano, Co-founder & Partner at Morgan Creek Digital
- Peter Smith, CEO & Co-Founder, Blockchain.com
- Laura Shin, Crypto Journalist / Unchained Podcast Producer and Host
- Haider Rafique, CMO, OKCoin
- Asiff Hirji, President of Figure; Ex President Coinbase & Ameritrade
- Mike Colyer, CEO, Foundry
- Meltem Demirors, Chief Strategy Officer, CoinShares
- Jupiter Wheng, Research Director, HashKey Capital
- Peter Van Valkenburgh, Director of Research, Coin Center
- David Vorick, CEO, Co-Founder & Lead Developer, Sia
- Graham Jenkin, Co-Founder and CEO, CoinList
- Nic Carter, Co-Founder, Coin Metrics