Greater Bay Area Blockchain Week 2021 | March 30 – April 1, 2020
Greater Bay Area Blockchain Week 2021 is the premier virtual event for an international audience passionate about technology, education, and business. A week-long event will convene thousands of online viewers to the brightest spot on today’s global financial map, and compliment GBA’s status of the world’s leading and most quickly developing business and technological cluster.
The event, including the core 2-day summit, will be broadcasted globally and in China.
Greater Bay Area, the region which was previously referred to as the Pearl River Delta, includes Hong Kong, Macao and nine cities in South China’s Guangdong province. Being home to 70 million people, it produces about 37% of the country’s exports and 12% of the gross domestic product. The area attracts global attention with large scale projects, aimed to deepen links between financial systems and infrastructure. The applications of blockchain technology have been growing rapidly in GBA, in areas like supply chains, port logistics, trade infrastructure, smart cities development, enterprise, and of course finance.
China’s DCEP project has been fuelling a sense of urgency on CBDCs over the last two years. Now that GBA, and Hong Kong in particular, were chosen as a testing ground for deploying the digital yuan the world’s attention is focused on this key region. Speakers and high-profile experts from Asia, Europe, and the US will converge to GBA Blockchain Week 2021 to discuss major opportunities and prospects of DCEP.
Other key topics of the conference include regulation, including Hong Kong’s game-changing framework for virtual asset exchanges and virtual banks; fintech, with major tech solution providers working together closely with incumbent financial institutions and companies; tech talent and education, with Shenzhen rivalling the West with its “New Silicon Valley” innovation hub status; the role of key tech hubs; cutting-edge urban solutions for smart cities and smart state, and more.
Don’t miss the opportunity to dive deeper into the blockchain industry of GBA together with the brightest minds!
- Greater Bay Area: Overview of Blockchain Development in Administrative Regions
- Smart Regulation: Regulatory Framework for DLT-based Projects
- DCEP Prospects: Hong Kong and GBA as Test Ground for Deploying Digital Yuan
- The Next Generation of Public Blockchain Networks
- Banks and FIs Accelerating Mass Adoption of Digital Assets
- DeFi after ETH 2.0 – what’s next?
- Blockchain For Enterprise: Use Cases in GBA (and beyond)
- Smart Finance: Virtual Banking and NEO banking, Present and Future
- Smart Cities: New Challenges for Urban Powerhouses
- Building fintech and tech bridges from GBA to: Singapore, Africa, Switzerland
- Investment Trends and Strategies in 2021
and many more!
- Justin Sun, Founder, TRON & CEO, BitTorrent
- Mance Harmon, Co-Founder & CEO, Hedera
- Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger, The Linux Foundation
- Prof. Wei-Tek Tsai, Professor, Beihang University
- Tom Trowbridge, Co-Founder, Fluence Labs & Former President, Hedera
- Alex Mashinsky, Founder & CEO, Celsius Network
- Henri Arslanian, Global Crypto Leader, PWC
- David Lee, Professor of Blockchain, Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Dr. Ben Goertzel, Founder & CEO, Singularitynet & Ex-Chief Scientist, Hanson Robotics
- John Wang, Head of Global Development Team, NEO Blockchain
- Laszlo Peter, Head of Blockchain Services Asia Pacific, KPMG Australia
- Miko Matsumura, General Partner, Gumi Ventures & Co-Founder, Evercoin Exchange
- Sheila Warren, Head of Data, Blockchain & Digital Assets
- Perianne Boring, Founder & President, Chamber of Digital Commerce
- Albert Isola, Minister for Financial Services and Gaming, Gibraltar
- Scott Thiel, Asia Head of Global Technology and Fintech Sector Initiative, DLA Piper
- Emmanuelle Ganne, Senior Analyst, Economic Research & Statistics Division, WTO
- Shawn Dehpanah, Executive Vice President & Head of Corporate Innovation, APAC, Plug and Play Center