GAM3 Awards 2022 — December 15, 2022
December 4, 2022
The first annual GAM3 Awards show is hosted by Polkastarter Gaming to highlight & award the best web3 games through a transparent voting process from prominent industry leaders, game studios & the community.
The GAM3 Awards was initiated to celebrate the evolution of web3 games and the rapid rise in quality of games within the space. To put it in simpler terms, it aims to create a new culture and an event to look forward to and aspire towards each year – high quality production, no BS, real quality games.
Over 300+ games were evaluated in this year’s inaugural GAM3 Awards with 20 games being put forward to the 38-member jury for their top 5 selection in each of the eligible 13 categories. After conducting this first round of voting exclusively by the jury, their votes are tallied to get the top 5 finalists in each category.
3 exceptions are: The People’s Choice, Content Creator, and Games’ Choice. Both People’s Choice and Content Creator are 100% nominated and voted on by the community. Meanwhile, Games’ Choice pushes web3 games to recognize each other’s work and nominate which game they admire the most outside of themselves. The second round features a mixture of jury voting and community input to determine the winner of each category.
The GAM3 Awards ceremony will take place across all Polkastarter Gaming socials. You can tune into the event on our Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, and even Binance Live. There are tons of giveaways and special guests coming on the day throughout the stream so mark the date on your calendar.
In addition to prestige and recognition, winners of the first GAM3 Awards will enjoy a share of $300,000 worth of prizes from sponsors such as Immutable X, Blockchain Game Alliance, Machinations, Naavik, and Ultra. The event will showcase the best games within the web3 space and recognize the developers striving to create the highest quality gaming experiences.
Jury members include:
- Justin Kan, Founder, Fractal
- Urvit Goel, Head of Global Games, Polygon Studios
- Yoshihisa Hashimoto, Co-Founder, LV.99
- Sarutobi Sasuke, Head of Partnerships, YGG
- Edward Chang, Head of Gaming, Avalanche
- Matt Sorg, Head of Technology, Solana Foundation
- Rachel Levin, Director of Ventures & Strategy, Immutable
- Omar Ghanem, Head of Gaming, Polkastarter
- Jesper Lindquist, Senior Manager Web3 Gaming, Animoca Brands
- John Izaguirre, BD Director, BNB Chain
- Itai Elizur, Managing Partner, MarketAcross
- Dan Patterson, General Partner, Sfermion
- Liam Wright, Journalist, CryptoSlate
- Alex Wettermann, Head of Gaming and Metaverse. Shima Capital
- Jeremy Parris, Ventures Associate, Delphi
- Jorge Jimenez, CMO, Arcade
- Shubham Jain, Investment Associate, Hashed
- Marco van den Heuvel, Co-Founder & CEO, Merit Circle
- Chris Gonsalves, CEO, Community Gaming
- Ryan Day, Playconomy Host, Blockworks
- Matthew Morris, Evangelist for Web3 Games, Machinations
- Abdelrahman Mohamed, Co-Founder, Metacon Global
- Patrick Barile, COO, DappRadar