DeFi Security Summit 2022 — August 27-28, 2022
This event is preceding The Science of Blockchain Conference 2022
Decentralized Finance (DeFi) is an emerging suite of applications for decentralized asset management over blockchain technology.
One of the basic principles behind DeFis is that the code is law and computer programs called smart contracts that run on the blockchain dictate the conditions and the effects for asset transactions. This groundbreaking idea has many desirable benefits that originate from trust-minimizing and immutable aspects of decentralized public blockchains.
However, vulnerabilities in smart contracts and in their applications may be exploited to steal or deny access to assets managed by them. Mitigation and prevention of such damages are challenging and require new software development and security design methodologies.
Hundreds of millions in USD value have already been lost due to vulnerabilities in smart contracts. Therefore, smart contract security is a significant concern for DeFi applications.
- Kurt Barry, Protocol Engineering, MakerDAO
- Emiliano Bonassi, DeFi Italy
- Boring Crypto
- Julien Bouteloup, Founder of Rekt, Blackpool & Stake DAO, Curve Team Member
- Tarun Chitra, CEO and Co-Founder, Gauntlet
- Nurit Dor, VP Product, Certora
- Jared Flatow, VP of Engineering, Compound Labs
- Emilio Frangella, Head of Smart Contracts, Aave
- Dan Guido, Co-Founder & CEO, Trail of Bits
- Mudit Gupta, Security Researcher, Delta Blockchain Fund
- Hugh Karp, Founder, Nexus Mutual
- Dmitry Khovratovich, Researcher, Ethereum Foundation
- Michael Lewellen, Security Project Manager, OpenZeppelin
- Richard Ma ,CEO, Quantstamp
- John Mardlin, Security Engineer, Optimism
- Sam S, Research Partner, Paradigm
- Goncalo Sa, Co-Founder and Security Researcher, Consensys Diligence
- Duncan Townsend, CTO and Security Researcher, Immunefi
Find Hotels Stanford DeFi Security Summit 2022