Crypto Fest 2022 — September 30, 2022
The popular Crypto Fest is back for its fourth edition on 30 September 2022 and for the first time as a hybrid event, both in-person in Cape Town, South Africa and virtually (via live-stream).
The Crypto Fest forms part of a Week of Innovation as a collaboration with the SA Innovation Summit, the largest startup event in Africa, taking place in Cape Town over 3 days, the 27-29 September 2022.
Cape Town has a lot to offer. The city is ranked as one of the most beautiful cities in the world with magnificent beaches, two World Heritage Sites, sprawling winelands, nature reserves, botanical gardens and a buzzing waterfront, making the Crypto Fest, THE crypto event of the year to attend.
This year’s Crypto Fest theme is a play on the satire-comedy movie ‘Don’t Look Up’ which describes people’s inability to deal effectively with climate change. It uses the metaphor of a comet threatening to destroy planet earth, and, instead of looking up and responding to the imminent danger, people prefer to be distracted by pop culture and goofy memes.
Change is coming to the crypto-DeFi-NFT-Web3 space too, and now is the time to ‘look up’ and see the changes – but also the opportunities.
The Crypto Fest will ignite hard-hitting conversations, spark critical debates, and host a one-of-a-kind experience on how these technologies and communities are remaking the world of finance, investing, art, music, sport, gaming, entertainment, marketing, governance and more.
The event will be a festive gathering of 2000+ in-person and virtual attendees with top global speakers sharing their insights on the hottest cryptocurrency, Non-Fungible Token (NFT), Metaverse, Web3 and Decentralized Finance (DeFi) topics.
Expect a jam packed day in a beautiful setting in Cape Town, exciting keynotes, presentations, competitions and giveaways, top live local DJ performances at the after-party and a marketplace with a hive of activity such as booths, NFT art and Metaverse gaming experiences.
- Kieno Kammies (Mastr of Ceremonies), Co-Founder, Innovation City
- Alderman James Vos, Mayoral Committee Member for Economic Growth in the City of Cape Town
- Michael Jordan, Business Developmen, Polygon Enterprise
- Hannes Wessels, Country Head of South Africa, Binance
- Nolu Mahagolu, Business Development, FTX Africa
- Wiehann Olivier, Audit Partner and Digital Asset Lead, Mazars South Africa
- Simon Dingle, CEO, Inves Capital
- Mamadou Kwidjim Toure, Founder, Ubuntu Group
- Llew Claasen, Managing Partner, Newtown Partners
- Yaliwe Soko, Chair, United Africa Blockchain Association
- Gideon Greaves, Managing Director for Africa, CV VC
- Steven Boykey, Director, Bridge Capital
- Norbert Amankwaa Adomako, Chief of Communcations, Metis
Find Hotels Crypto Fest 2022 Cape Town