Boston FinTech Week 2021 — September 28-October 1, 2021
Boston FinTech Week is a hybrid event series exploring sustainable and inclusive finance, ESG, Decentralized Finance (DeFi) in the Post-COVID future.
Boston FinTech Week will take place from September 28 – October 1, 2021 in various locations in Boston, in addition to streaming sessions in a hybrid format. The four-day gathering aims to facilitate an open dialogue between financial institutions, fintech entrepreneurs, regulators, academics and venture capitalists to discuss fintech’s rapid expansion and evolution as well as the important role it plays in making financial services available and accessible to all.
This year’s theme is “Financial Services for Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere” and free registration options are here.
Given the rising concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic, organizers have decided to offer both virtual and in-person options in the interest of safety for attendees. The hybrid model not only allows attendees to network and make meaningful connections in-person, but actively encourages financial professionals from global markets to attend virtually, who may not be able to travel, as well as those from all functional and professional levels.
While the pandemic catalyzed digital innovation and adoption of new and novel financial services by people and industry, it also highlighted the difficulty in accessing financial services. During Boston FinTech Week, speakers and panelists will discuss these challenges, as well as opportunities the global financial services industry is facing over four information-packed days:
- Day 1 – September 28 – The Current State of FinTech. Where Are We Today?
- Day 2 – September 29 – Building a Sustainable and Inclusive Finance for Tomorrow
- Day 3 – September 30 – A Special Day Devoted to the Future of Finance and Decentralized Finance (DeFi), sponsored by Algorand
- Day 4 – October 1 – The Big Picture. What Have We Learned and Where Do We Go From Here?
- Abby Johnson, Chairman and CEO, Fidelity Investments
- Silvio Micali, Founder, Algorand
- Greg Becker, President & CEO of SVB Financial Group and CEO of Silicon Valley Bank
- Mike Massaro, CEO of Boston-based Flywire
- Charlotte Crosswell, former CEO of Innovate Finance
- Greg Shell, Managing Director of Bain Capital Double Impact Fund
Find Hotels Boston FinTech Week 2021